Thursday, January 20, 2011

Discrimination and Irony

Alanis Morisette could take a lesson in irony from this couple who has spent their Christmas season fighting in court for the right to turn people away from their inn... The couple was openly homosexual, and the inn owners would not give them a room together, citing religious beliefs. They were subsequently successfully sued, and are now claiming religious discrimination. So, it really just comes down to which is more important? The freedom of religion or human rights?

There there is this man, kicked off of a bus for reading, "God is Not Great" by Hitchens, and telling a preacher to, "move away from me as I cannot understand what you are preaching because I am not a believer." At the next stop, the authorities were called, and it was decided after about 90mins of debate that he should not rejoin the bus. His name is George Thindwa, and he is the chair of Malawian Association of Secular Humanism. I can't help but think that he was doing this on purpose. And I can't help but LOVE IT! What can we call this? Passive Agressive Atheism? Niceeeeeeeeeee.....

Let's all have a drink tonight in this man's honour!

CHEERS!

2 comments:

  1. Kicked off a bus for being an atheist, huh? I hadn't heard about that incident yet. I can't say I'm overly surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it was because he was black? No, they stopped doing that many years ago, too. Atheists are the new black! (hehe) Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete