Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Facebook comments

So, here is one of my family members' Facebook statuses...

the power of prayer never ceases to amaze me ... Dads at home, bed rest, and they are going to move up his heart surgery date to ASAP. Grams seems to be doing a bit better too ... finally, breathe ...

5 people like this. (what the hell?)

Yet another reason why I dislike religion. Similar to a priest at a wedding ceremony thanking God for bringing two people together (giving no credit to the PEOPLE for their dedication and passion in the relationship), where is the credit for the DOCTORS and NURSES, or SCIENCE and MEDICINE, the people/studies who truly saved these people's lives?

How can believers be so happy to accept and like medicine when it helps them, and slam science down when it contradicts their beliefs? I can't even think of a word to describe my anger right now, so I will (in the voice of Vizzini from the Princess Bride) use the word INCONCEIVABLE!

Would it be rude to comment "Power of prayer? What about power of doctors, nurses, science, and medicine?" Or would that make me an "Agressive Atheist"? haha

1 comment:

  1. Yeesh! I hate it when you see someone recovering from a serious illness or injury, and when they're healed because of MEDICAL SCIENCE, both they and the family will often give the credit to some higher power.

    BUT, at least these people are GOING to the doctor. Some are so blinded by faith that they think if they pray they'll be fine... but then they die because prayer can't cure tuberculosis.

    ReplyDelete